Friday, February 24, 2012
Sometimes things just go so well! Lots done, for a change, and I’m feelin’ good!
A couple of friends come to my house every other Friday to stitch and have lunch and visit, and well, you know how it goes. We started out by working on our own projects, until MA suggested that each time we work on one person's project, taking turns, so that with three of us stitching for hours, we could get more done. She was so right! One of those UFOs was my oldest one, the Y2K, or Millenium quilt. It’s finished except for stitching the binding to the back, and adding a label. When it’s done, I’ll blog and add pictures. Meanwhile....
The center of this little quilt was made by a guild member for a comfort quilt. It only measured 36" square, so I added borders, quilted it, and sewed the binding to the front. My hands get cranky when I try to hand sew, so it’s going back to the guild for someone to volunteer to finish the binding. So cute!
But my biggest accomplishment in the past week has been to organize my sewing room. Three days in a row last week, I searched for different things in my stuff, and couldn’t find them. I was so frustrated, I just wanted to set fire to everything. Instead (and to the great relief of Mr. Happiness) I pulled everything out of the drawers, made piles of like items, sorted and arranged, put sewing items into the drawers by my sewing machine, and left quilting items in the sewing room where the cutting table and longarm are located. Then I even made a list of what went into which drawer! Whew! That was a major job, but I’ve already used the list to find something I was looking for. I thought about taking pictures of the piles of stuff, but it was too ugly. Hope I don't have to do this again!!!
For other Whoop Whoop! accomplishments, go to Sarah's blog: http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Thursday, February 9, 2012
That's me! Moi! Why yes! Sue, at Sue Daurio's Quilting Adventures http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/ has passed along this award to me, and I'm just tickled! Thank you, Sue!
In return, I'm to designate this award to 15 bloggers who deserve notice. She's one I would have chosen for my list, and she's picked several others who would have been my faves, too. But stay tuned...
Sue has a delightful blog, and she is one of those very generous gals who has freely shared her patterns. Like this gorgeous quilt she designed:
And wait till you see what she has on her header now, the cutest little quilt on the planet :-) Go see, I'll wait.....
See, didn't I tell you? Yes, adorable.
Now the rules:
1. Add the award to your blog
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention seven random things about yourself. (see below)
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog
Seven random things about me:
- I attended ten schools in four states by high school.
- I write in margins, across the bottom, into middle of other writing, on used scratch paper, on the back of envelopes, receipts, on tiny scraps, even when I have a dozen clean scratch pads on the desk. Where did I get this silly habit?
- One of my most interesting jobs was as garnishment administrator.
- I'm a first-generation American -- both parents immigrated to Canada from Finland, met and married there, where my brother was born, and then they came to the USA.
- I grow old cats! Patches, my last cat, was nearly 18. Sparkle was 13. Annie is just 2, so she'll probably outlast me!
- People pronounce my name the same as the water pitcher/filter thingie. Except they pronounce it wrong. (My name rhymes with Rita.)
- I'm excellent at loading the dishwasher -- I hate unloading it, so I wait till I can't fit a fork!
Tada! I hereby award the Versatile Blogger Award to:
- Mary at http://hillcountryquilter-mary.blogspot.com/
- Lynda at http://quiltsbylynda.blogspot.com/
- Carol Fun at http://thepolkadotchicken.blogspot.com/
- Donna at http://catsmeowtwo.blogspot.com/
- Janet at http://entropyundone.blogspot.com/
- Gari at http://gariquilts.blogspot.com/
- Jan at http://thesecretlifeofmrsmeatloaf.blogspot.com/
- Kate at http://kate-life-in-pieces.blogspot.com/
- Megan at http://crookedseams.blogspot.com/
- Cara at http://www.caraquilts.com/
- Cheryl at http://cherylsteapots2quilting.blogspot.com/
- Jennifer Gail at http://hoodiesandflipflops.blogspot.com/
- Carol at http://rutabagapatch.blogspot.com/
- Karen at http://cre8tivekick.blogspot.com/
Go check out all these wonderful bloggers, share the love, leave a note and tell them I said hi! And come back when you can stay longer :-D
Monday, February 6, 2012
I'm even getting work done on my February UFO challenge. I'm really liking the way it's looking! Thank you, Judy!
For info on the Design Wall Monday and the UFO Challenge, go to Judy's blog: www.PatchworkTimes.com -- she has links to both features.