Saturday, June 11, 2011

Yeah, Kinda Like That!

Whew, that's how I'm feeling these days!  Too hot, too hot.  There's no way I could survive in Texas anymore.  Texas?  Not just Texas, it's everywhere!  I heard it was 100 degrees in Central Park, in New York!  And yet, I have friends honeymooning in Bend, Oregon, where it's been in the 60s during the day and 40s at night.  That sounds so good!


Somewhere in the Wonderful World of the Blogosphere, I saw a picture of just the corner of a quilt.  For some reason, the idea stayed in my mind, and a few days ago I started playing with bits and pieces on the design wall. As you can see, it's all thrown up there, and then it's like a jigsaw puzzle, moving parts here and there, trying out this and that.  I have just one block sewn together, but since this is just a work in progress, it may be re-done, too.
I do have a little quilt on the Avante, in progress.  The focus fabric is a wonderful, funky print of women in their 70s-style outfits, very hip ;-D  The inspiration for the pattern is from a book called "9-Patch Pizzazz" where you use larger pieces of the focus fabric surrounded by smaller blocks.  Sorta like the "Just Can't Cut It" book.  
So there it is, a little bit of this, and a little bit of that.  

7 comments:

  1. Don't you just love the creative process and playing on the design wall! Love the fabrics!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all you fabric choices. So pretty. Especially the quilt on the design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design wall looks great, and I love the70's funk quilt!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice little bits here and there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blocks on your design wall have such a happy feel to them! I think you're on to something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that Sunkissed? I love that fabric line. I'm green w/envy
    about the new Avante. I don't have the space or I'd get one, too. I'm in a really small cottage and there's just no where to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG - I just wanna love on that furry belly. Love the cat and the quilts and the colors - I'm adding you to my Google Reader :)

    ReplyDelete