It just would not go right! Ever run across one of those patterns? I checked twice to be sure I had the right fabrics and the right yardage. But when I went to cut the strips, nooooooo. Fortunately, I was using unbleached muslin, so I was able to borrow some from a friend. Oh wait, I guess you don't really "borrow" fabric to use in a quilt, do you? I studied it all, and the pattern was correct, but I had a bazillion extra parts, and not enough of others. Guess my brain was not engaged! You can see where I inserted a piece of fabric to make the borders long enough. BTW, the border's not really crooked, there are pins underneath on the design wall. But the top is done, and I'm ready to start quilting! Guess I'll make mug rugs or tabletoppers from the extra bits. Go over to Judy's blog here: http://www.patchworktimes.com/2011/10/03/design-wall-monday-october-3-2011/ to see dozens of other "design wall Monday" projects!
Our local airport had an open house on Saturday, and someone took a picture of my hubby in his Glasair II. It was terribly windy, so he didn't fly it, but it drew lots of attention on the sidelines. It was a great success, hooray! Although it was quite chilly, it was much better than last year, when it was hot, hot, hot!
It was a great weekend!