Monday, July 2, 2012

Design Wall Monday 7/2/12

Was I hallucinating?  Have I been in a dream for the past 8 1/2 years?  If yes, why did I wake up now?  I think the highest temp we've experienced since we left Texas at the end of 2002 was around 93.  This week, however, it's been nearly 100 for a few days, and even 103, and it sure does feel like Texas here!  I realize I shouldn't complain -- we have a good air conditioner and electricity to run it, and there are those who don't.  But I was so happy in the night when I heard thunder and even a few raindrops on the window -- a sure sign the high pressure system has moved away-- woohoo!  Years ago while in TX, during a particularly lengthy dry and hot summer, we had a sudden rainshower in the night that caused much whooping and hollering.  My friend told me later that she and her husband were so thrilled, they pulled off their clothes and danced naked in the rain :-D 


But I digress.  





The autumn leaves have been calling me, and I've managed to make several more! And just for fun, on a few of the leaf blocks I added the sashing that will finish all the blocks just to see how it looks.  Oooooh, lovely, if I do say so myself!  And I made another little pile of leaves to add to the show.  Just thinking of crunchy colorful leaves underfoot and the little bit of rain last night gives me a sense of a change in the weather, and I'm looking forward to that!  Mr. Happiness and I will be flying more often, enjoying the amazing beauty of our part of the world when the leaves are showing off.  


Go check out more design wall projects at Judy's site: www.patchworktimes.com -- she doesn't have anything posted yet this morning, but she will, I'm sure!


Stay cool, all y'all!  (See what happens when I think about being back in Texas!)




3 comments:

  1. We haven't been as hot, but too hot for me. We are in need of water! Luckily we have the buffalo tanks (water collecting tanks) and have used them for all outside watering. Love your leaf blocks - makes me wish for Fall - my favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I texted Karen yesterday and told her I needed to go to Texas to cool off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got back from Texas (our home state) and it was cooler there than it was here, near Chicago. Glad I was there. It even rained while we were there, and we just cheered and watched it rain.

    ReplyDelete