Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy National Quilting Day!!!

How many quilts have you made?  How many are  you going to make?  And WHY do you do this?  Do the people in your lives ask this?  I found the perfect response!  Bonnie K. Hunter of Quiltville.com talked about this at a dinner/lecture, and I found her blog  here: http://www.quiltville.com/howmanyquilts.shtml   It explains perfectly how most of us feel, I think.  

Don't you agree?!  So celebrate this wonderful passion we share!  Today I'm going with quilty friends to Maryville TN to their quilt show, and shopping at quilt shops.  When we break for lunch, I'm sure we'll be talking quilts.  I'm so thankful for friends who love quilting, for those who work hard to put on quilt shows, for shop owners who keep their doors open (even though I'm sure it's increasingly hard to do these days), for media of all kinds who feed this passion, for family who bear with me when I'm in a quilting frenzy.  Happy quilting today and every day that you possibly can!

2 comments:

  1. I've been a Bonnie fan before she got fans. I couldn't count the number of quilts made or fathom what to come. I make for family, friends, events, charities and special needs - and love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Bonnie page. Thank you for sharing it. Like Jennifer (from above) I am semi-local to you and am now a follower. I live in Cumberland Gap, TN and blog too. I hope you have a moment to check my blog out. I am so glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete