Monday, April 25, 2011

To Sew Or Not To Sew/Design Wall Monday 4/25/11

What have I done?  Holey Moley!  I enjoyed the technique of the Lil Twister (Design Wall Monday on 2/28) so much, I decided I'd put a few charm packs up on the design wall and make a big Lil Twister.  There are 168 of those little beauties lined up.  And how many seams??!!
I have enough charms left for another row, but I ran out of design wall space!  So there it is.  Staring at me.  Waiting for me to pick up the first pair and carry it to the sewing machine.  Which reminds me!  Do you have gremlins in your sewing room that swap those pieces you are so carefully carrying to the sewing machine, so that by the time the rows are done, everything is bass-ackwards?!?!?  I sure do! Tell me what they feed on, so I can try to starve them outta here!!

So there it is.  What to do, what to do?  

9 comments:

  1. Ha, ha...we share those gremlins! You can do it, just start sewing!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! The gremlins in my sewing room like to take the pieces that I have right side together and put them right side/wrong side together. I think the seam ripper feeds the gremlins when we aren't looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gremlins are everywhere and they multiply faster than bunnies! You are going to have so much fun with all those twisters.....wow 168!! I went back to see your previous Twister and now I have to (yes I HAVE to) get me one of the little Twisters too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the Twister templates (small and large) and have yet to use it - Mom is using the small and sister the large - just hope they remember who they belong to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, my gremlins were hard at work in a simple baby quilt I was sewing together last week. After not putting two blue patches together on the wall they end up sewn together on the quilt?? Love the charm packs. I have yet to get a lil' twister but would love one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have gremlins and I have kids!! I am not sure which is worse for moving my stuff around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have those same fabrics that I am using for one of my UFO's- love them! I will have to check out the Twister Templates, have not heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty sure my Gremlins eat loose threads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yep have the Gremlins at my house too!! Once they switched an entire row!!

    ReplyDelete