Monday, January 30, 2012

Design Wall Monday January 30, 2012



Stripes and dots and plaids, oh my!  I made two (I think) log cabin quilts years ago, or variations thereon.  One was a red/white/blue for a friend whose birthday is near the 4th of July, the other was mostly blues.  Boring.  Then voila'!  I saw a picture of a bright log cabin quilt that made me rummage around and find all these cool (and warm!) fabrics.  A few months ago, I had the urge to get Marti Michell's log cabin ruler, so I was ready to jump right in and start cutting.

These are just stuck up on the wall, with no plan except the darker sides alternating up and down.  Then I took the picture, and another voila'!  It's amazing what taking a snapshot can do to your perspective.  Of course, I'm familiar with the various traditional log cabin settings, and it's going to be fun playing with these!  Not just the dark/light interplay, but also the color arrangement!  Wheeeeee, having fun!

Go see Judy's blog today, where there are lots of "Design Wall Monday" posts, and interesting things to look at :-)  http://www.patchworktimes.com/2012/01/30/design-wall-monday-january-30-2012/


12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, colorful log cabin quilt! The thumbnail picture on the Design Wall Monday site caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt makes me smile it's so happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt brings a smile to my face...it's so bright and cheery!!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the bright, pretty colors you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun play with a 'vintage' block. Yes, a happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and happy quilt - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just fabulous! Now you've inspired me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I want some of those!! They are so bright and cheery, I love the whole warm / cool color as well.

    ReplyDelete