Saturday, January 21, 2012

Progress! Whoop Whoop!


It's done, done, done!  I've had this delightful Mary Engelbreit semi-finished quilt top and backing in my UFO pile for awhile.  I had the front finished, and loved it. I had the back finished, which was totally scrappy, bits and pieces, strips and parts, with the two "Friends" sayings in the middle.  The problem was that I couldn't decide if they would be two quilts, or front and back.  Of course, as you can deduce, they melded into one, I quilted it, and bound it, and it is fini!  I practiced quilting leaves all over because my buddy MA brought me a top to quilt that is made up of lots of autumn leaves, and she suggested leaves as the quilt motif.  I'm liking this already!

Awhile back, I blogged that I had finished the Y2K/Millenium quilt top, and was trying to figure out how to finish the back.  Well, lucky me, a lovely lady from Canada (!) read the blog and offered to send me her stash of fabrics that have 2000 on them.  They arrived Thursday, and I'm just floored by her generosity!!  There were three pieces, one was 2 3/4 yards (the aqua blues with "2000" all over), another was almost 2 1/2 yards (the blue with "2000" and "Millenium" all over), and a third piece that was a generous fat quarter.  Then yesterday, a friend here sent me three pieces, two half-yards and a nearly-yard of "2000" fabric!  From what I had previously, the center pieced bit and the pieces above it and below it, I added strips to both sides, and with the aqua pieces along the outer edges, it will be just enough, plus binding!!!  This is one ginormous quilt!  But wait till you see :-)

Quilters are the most amazingly generous, cheerful, sharing bunch of people I've ever been associated with in my life, and I'm so thankful I've found this world!  Thank you, so much for being here :-D

Now, go to Sarah's website: http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/2012/01/can-i-get-whoop-whoop-making-progress.html to see a couple dozen whoop-worthy accomplishments by some of those wonderful quilters!

6 comments:

  1. Love Mary Engelbreit!! Collecting for a quilt. This is super and love the friend blocks. I look forward to seeing the Y2K quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness, I love the colors in the top quilt. Sew much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish! What a cheery quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mary E fabrics....they are so cheerful!

    Using all the fabrics on the back of your Y2K quilt is wonderful...and extra special since "friends" contributed to the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh - what a great UFO! i love those fabrics. and your 2000K fabrics - wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Mary Engelbreit quilt...so beautiful!
    And I am so excited to see those old fabrics put into a quilt...looks great!

    ReplyDelete