Monday, October 1, 2012

Design Wall Monday Oct 1, 2012


Which-a-way should I go?  This pattern is called "Anita's Arrowhead," and appeared in Quiltmaker magazine last year (thanks, Debbie!).  The technique is really fun to make -- you start with two squares sewn right sides together, leaving 2" open on the top right and bottom left.  It's then cut diagonally, stacked and cut twice more.  When it's rearranged, this is what you get!  Maybe I should take photos as I make a block so you can see?  Then when the blocks are laid out, you can put them together with dark edges against light (top picture), or light to light and dark/dark.  Which way do you think it looks best?  I can't decide!

The Kaffe blocks I had on my design wall last week just didn't want to come together.  So I lost interest, and they're packed away (story of my life).  But I still wanted to play with Kaffe fabrics, hence the blocks shown above.  This is a good project to work on during my stitching days with friends because they aren't difficult.  You just have to make the first one to use as a reference -- and trust me, you really, really need to have it :-D

So there are you are, for this week's design wall Monday.  Go to Judy's website at www.PatchworkTimes.com to see links to other design wall projects, that's always fun!



11 comments:

  1. I would love to see photos as you make a block. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous. I love how the Kaffe fabrics all come together. Gotta try this block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those are really cool!! I like the second pic the best -it looks like a garden trellis to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the dark to light in the top picture. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pop of colors on the second one but both are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both, but the second one is my favorite. Great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the solid with the Kaffe print. I can't decide which layout is the best, I guess it will let you know when the blocks are done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm partially to light to dark but either way is great and I love solid with the Kaffe fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I like the 2nd one a little bit better. Either are stunning though. Wonder what this would look like with all scrap fabrics? I just might have to try it to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like the light to dark makes each block stand out whereas the dark to dark melds the blocks into one unit. And, I, too, would love to see pictures. I have, I'm sure, the magazine you got this from but finding it would be another matter entirely.

    ReplyDelete