Friday, October 12, 2012

Whoop! Whoop!! Oct 12, 2012

Yay -- I got something quilted, at last, at last!!  My shoulder has been giving me fits, so I've been getting chiropractor-ed for several weeks, and I'm almost good as new.  Well, as new as you can be at my age ;-)  

This quilt is one of two that belongs to my friend Phyl.  She had a box full of full fans, fan blades and bits and pieces of fabric that her grandmother and her mother had worked on decades ago.  Some were hand-stitched, some were machined pieced, but putting them together created some interesting fans, none of which lay flat.  She had decided they were beyond help and wasn't going to do anything with them.  Another friend, Sally B, and I protested loudly!  Phyl gave in, and the three of us cut and pieced and stitched and smooshed and ironed the fans into submission, added centers with rickrack around them, and made enough full fans to make two twin bed toppers!  I was able to finish quilting the first one, and I believe they will be treasured for generations to come.  

Whoop!  Whoop!! 

Go to Sarah's place to find more accomplishments: http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/2012/10/can-i-get-whoop-whoop-theres-floor-in.html


3 comments:

  1. What a treasure for your friend Phyl. I still have a quilt that my Mom cut out hundreds of diamonds for several years ago. I want to finish it....some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, that's just gorgeous! So wonderful that you saved those treasures!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fan quilt. I have a vintage one that the background is quilted, but the fans 'float' unquilted. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete